100Kin10 Teach For America-NY EiE Scholarship Program
Closes Wednesday, October 19, 2016 at 11:59 pm (EST)
The 100Kin10 Teach For America-NY EiE Scholarship Program supports teachers in implementing EiE in their elementary classrooms by providing funds for professional development and classroom materials. This program will prepare teachers to teach any EiE unit in their classroom.
Each EiE Scholarship funds:
- Professional Development
- Registration for the teacher to attend a two-day EiE workshop at the Teach for America headquarters in New York City on November 17–18, 2016
- Substitute teacher costs
- Curriculum Materials
- EiE Teacher Guide
- Materials kit for class of 30 students
- Set of 24 EiE storybooks
We invite applications from the following types of educators:
- TfA alumni teaching in grades 1–5 in New York City schools.
- Teams that consist of current TfA corps member(s) AND teacher colleague(s) (not TfA) teaching elementary students in NYC. These applicants will be admitted together. If applying as a team, EACH team member must submit an application.
- School-based teacher coaches that support TfA corps members or alumni in NYC.
- Teachers in New York City Title I schools.
Please complete this application by 11:59 PM (EST) Wednesday, October 19, 2016.
Please have an administrator complete the Statement of Administrator Support by 11:59 PM (EST) Wednesday, October 19, 2016.
Selection of Recipients
Recipients will be chosen by representatives from EiE based on review of the application and the administrator statement of support. Award recipients will be notified in late October, 2016.
Not all applicants will be selected as recipients. All applicants agree to accept the decision as final.
Recipients must agree to
- attend a two-day EiE workshop in New York City on November 17–18, 2016,
- incorporate an EiE unit in their classrooms within one year of receiving the scholarship award, and
- complete an online follow-up survey (within one year of receiving the award) about your experience teaching EiE.
Questions? Contact email@example.com
Use the “Save Answers and Resume Later” option located near the bottom of your screen if you cannot complete the application in one sitting. BE SURE TO SAVE THE URL OR ENTER YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS SO YOU CAN RETURN TO THE FORM.
NOTE: We cannot access your application until it is complete and submitted, so it’s critical that you note your URL if you want to return to complete your application at a later time.